Kids and parents, come and experience the great outdoors at summer camp for kids going into third through sixth grade. This is a beautiful and wonderful location for summer camp for FUMC Children’s Ministry. Mount Eagle Retreat Center is located in southwest Stone County – 2 ½ hours from Jonesboro. Mount Eagle is a year-round retreat area that sits on top a mountain that is surrounded on 3 sides by the middle fork of the Little Red River.
3rd & 4th Grade Camp I July 14 – 16
- Leave Sunday, July 14 at 2pm
- Return Tuesday, July 16 around 3pm
5th & 6th Grade Camp I July 18 – 20
- Leave Thursday, July 18 late morning
- Return Saturday, July 20 around 3pm
Children – $100
This includes lodging, food, travel expenses, t-shirt, name tag, and crafts. Payment can be made by cash/check at check in or paid before camp by dropping off payment in the church office or online.
Counselor – $40
This covers the cost of food. The counselors lodging, travel expenses, t-shirt and name tag are free. Payment can be made at check in or dropped off in the church office before camp. Counselors are an important part of a child’s camp experience and it is strongly encouraged that a parent try to be a counselor for camp.
There will be a very important camp meeting July 7th (Sunday) 11 am in the chapel. Please attend and bring your child.
Mount Eagle Retreat Center in Clinton Arkansas. This beautiful camp area has two large lodges named Beal Lodge and Kaetzell Lodge. Girls and boys will be in separate lodges. Parents and teenage counselors are welcome to come and enjoy God’s playground. We will have a hot dog roast with smores, go hiking, experience God in the morning and evenings (incredible sunsets) at chapel, learn about Jesus sing fun songs with Brother John and make new friends. For more information about Mt Eagle, visit the website www.mounteagle.org or email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Bring
- Bedding (sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, etc.)
- Soap, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo
- Towels for bathing
- Comfy walking shoes – closed toe shoes please! Flip flops are impossible to hike in 🙂
- Swimsuits and shorts
- Flashlight – This is a must!
- Bug spray – yes…there will be a few bugs but not as many mosquitos as in Jonesboro.
- Bag for dirty clothing
- Refillable water bottle with the name of camper
- One box of pre-packaged snack to share with campers
- Drinks to be shared with camper (bottled water, Gatorade, etc.)
- MANDATORY – Life Jacket Vest. Kids won’t be allowed to swim without one.